Here at The Yard Equine we are challenging not only ourselves but our customers and other retailers to make a change. As animal, and nature lovers, our environmental policy is something we feel very strongly about. We should all take personal responsibility for the impact that we have on the environment, and our aim is to conduct our business with as little negative impact on the world in which we live as possible.
We understand that change takes time and that we may be limited by certain factors, but will always strive to be better and perform better. Our current policy includes the following aims:
1. We predominantly use DPD, who are a "green" courier. Their branded packaging is fully biodegrable.
2. We work with Kite Packaging who have a super-positive attitude towards reducing waste and currently offer ecologically sound options for their customers. We use their enviro boxes and eco fill which is easily biodegradable. We do not buy in any plastic fill/bubble wrap/non-biodegradable packaging.
3. Any waste packaging from our suppliers will be reused. While this may include options that are less environmentally sound we feel it is better to re use something that is already in existence than simply dispose of it immediately. We cut down cardboard boxes for fill material and plastic fill/bubble wrap etc we will reuse in order to not be wasteful. We are currently using up any old packaging that we have in stock for this reason.
4. Any waste that we produce we always recycle, where possible.
5. Keeping on top of new technologies and improving the way we run our business to be more environmentally conscious always remains our aim.
Let's all band together and make a change!