EQUIFIT are a hugely successful company from the USA with a large following; they are very much a leading brand in America.
Although until now they have had little opportunity to take off in the UK, we believe this is about to change significantly. Their products are indeed beautiful 💕, but most importantly, highly functional with real science behind them. Being made in-house in the USA ensures their promise of a high quality finish.
The appeal lies in the fact that they do offer something quite different, and their products really do work. The main advantage when it comes to EQUIFIT can be found in the technologies they use, which are unique to the Equestrian market, so patented, and often sourced due to their successful application in other industries. Basically, EQUIFIT take tried and tested formulas and adapt them for use in the equestrian market. In their own words...
"We are constantly seeking new ideas, technology and ingenuity. We continuously adapt premium innovations in healthcare and fitness and translate them for our horses and riders."
Today we are going to look at their ImpacTeq™ Technology:
- Designed to absorb extreme impact, it takes cues from protective footwear, sports and military equipment. The revolutionary foam that FIRMS to a protective shield upon impact.
- Below the defensive foam is a multi-dimensional air mesh that promotes airflow and circulation, helping to keep the body cool.
- The two layers mould to the body for a secure and custom fit.
- ImpacTeq is antimicrobial, breathable, easy to wash and quick to dry.
- ImpacTeq Technology is utilized in ImpacTeq Liners (paired with D-Teq™ Boots), Bandage Liners, CrownPad™, and the ImpacTeq Half Pad™.
The concept behind ImpacTeq™ can be seen for instance in the D30 Impact Foam used in protective hockey equipment; it is an open-cell, non-newtonian foam that transforms from soft to rigid upon impact. Used in the Half Pad shown below it not only removes impact shock but moulds to the horse and promises not to alter the fit of your saddle meaning the foam itself not only becomes more rigid on impact but softens to an increase in temperature....
It has a breathable, aerated spine and non-slip lining to the underside to prevent it moving out of place
The ImpacTeq™ Half Pad is super for sensitive horses, horses with a sore back, or simply to protect your horse's back from the stress of impact that can occur during riding. And because it absorbs shock it goes both ways, and will help reduce the shock that can travel back up to the rider! It is not a cheap piece of equipment, but the price really does reflects the product, and inevitably the science behind the use of non-newtonian foams for shock protection.
This ImpacTeq™ Half Pad is available online here. Also available with custom trims - please contact us for more information and price.